Karla’s Top Tips for Summer Proof Make-up!
So it’s hot and sweltering here in the UK and it’s this time where some of you are not sure what to do with your make-up without it melting away? Foundation may seem to melt or liquefy, and no powder stands up to those little beads of sweat that collect around your hairline. A modification of your regimen may be in order, and a few tricks of mine will get you through a midday makeup meltdown.
1. Skip the foundation and opt for a tinted moisturiser with an SPF factor in. NARS NEW Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser has a 30 SPF +++ and is my favourite product at the moment.
2. For a stay put blusher (bronzed, as it’s summer) I LOVE using Benefits Cha Cha Tint. It’s a mango-tinted stain which beautifully blushes lips & cheeks with a glowing stain! This is most certainly weather proof! The sheer stain keeps you looking sun-kissed for hours, and can be worn on the beach and swimming ;)
3. Dust any coverage with translucent loose powder. Use blush sparingly, letting your sun-kissed cheeks grab the attention. Blot any perspiration or oil build-up with non-powdered blotting papers. Or substitute a clean tissue, pressing gently into moist areas.
4. Smoky eyes and black eyeliner as we all know does not mix with the sun and smudges all under the eyes! Well if you use the right products it won’t! Here you can get Make-up Forever’s Waterproof Cream Color’s. Their aqua creams is an ultra-pigmented, long-lasting waterproof cream and the pigments are just amazing if you ever have chance to try them or swatch them, they provide an immediate colour and have a beautiful luminous finish. Its long-lasting, none crease or smudge under the most extreme conditions. I have used these in a water photoshoot! For a smoky eye effect in the sun try using shades Anthracite (grey black) and Satin Brown (warm chocolate brown)
5. Keep that mascara smudge and sweat proof by opting for water proof mascara.
6. I can’t live without filling in my brows in and I most certainly can’t afford £400 worth of eyebrow tattooing- so to keep your brows in place on those summer hot days I love using Ilah Brow- a mineral powder eyebrow to create the perfect product science had to play its part. Ilah Brow which is a semi-permanent mineral compact powder that is, sweat resistant, splash resistant and even UV filtered lasting 48 hours! Perfect :)
7. Finally Lips! To keep your lips protected, use a conditioning balm regularly. This will help to seal in moisture. Some lip balms contain Lanolin and Vitamin A, which are good for protecting lips against harsh elements. Origins Cover Your Mouth Lip protector with SPF 8 is just perfect! Always carry the lip protector with you and reapply at regular intervals. Looking for some colours why not try using Benefit’s Benetint Rose-tinted lip & cheek stain?
Enjoy your Summer make-up