- sparkleypurpleunicorn likes this
- theboywithmakeup reblogged this from karlapowellmua
- rochelleperksmakeupartist likes this
- mzswaggzzzz324 likes this
- brickandmortarheart likes this
- c-mo-mo likes this
- nokisser likes this
- downtownsarahbrown reblogged this from karlapowellmua
- fire-lotus likes this
- dreamermaker likes this
- stingray2334 likes this
- kawaii0820 reblogged this from karlapowellmua
- jerazesmama likes this
- vijisharma likes this
- allycyshop likes this
- chilly-milly likes this
- anellena73 reblogged this from karlapowellmua
- shakiramendez likes this
- lugayer likes this
- non-chalantly likes this
- janicecicichan reblogged this from karlapowellmua
- xabigail170x likes this
- kaylabayla2423 likes this
- sandrasfreshjuice likes this
- youreprettywhenimdrunkk likes this
- serina84 likes this
- givemeachristiansidehug likes this
- itslikeseconddrink likes this
- arleyssa likes this
- baybayboolovesyou likes this
- fingertoes19 reblogged this from karlapowellmua
- piinksparklez likes this
- marker-girl reblogged this from karlapowellmua
- marker-girl likes this
- feelingsdreamfantasy likes this
- sassypictureblog likes this
- jessikathagreat likes this
- my--fashionworld reblogged this from karlapowellmua
- looknthrumera likes this
- lunafati likes this
- goodlif3nfame likes this
- celisechevarria likes this
- anikaben likes this
- hello-kitty36000 likes this
- rock-n-roll-is-immortal likes this
- karlapowellmua posted this
I was lucky enough to be invited to Illamsqua’s sneak preview event of the NEW ‘Generation Q range’ a while back which was held in the Soho Cinema we were able to have a play around with the new Generation Q collection, as well as hear Creative Director Alex Box and Director of New Product Development David Horne talk about what they feel about the range and why they made it. I was lucky to walk away with the new precision Ink in Wisdom that day before the release and then after that I have dreamed about getting my hand on Empower palette and Gleam! And finally I have them. So I wanted to share some of the Illamasqua Generation Q products I have including swatches.
At the launch we all got to meet the glamorous lady that is Evelyn - 72 years young! Who was the first campaign model of the release. She was one of the winners of Illamasqua’s Beauty Before Age competition. She was spotted at Selfridges Exchange counter in Manchester. The make-up on Evelyn looked flawless when we met her, actually making me want the collection even more and wanting to be just like her when I reach 72! (I never thought I could be inspired by an elderly model) .
I wanted to share Alex Box’ quote on Generation Q.
‘Generation Q - is generation YOU!
It’s what they tell you not to do; it’s what you see your true self through.
It’s what is old and what is new.
What you know and what you knew.
It’s what you feel and what is true”
Alex Box, Illamasqua
Here are the Generation Q products I got…
An intense lipstick with a highly pigmented formula with a beautiful iridescent finish.
Underworld - £15.50
There are Four complimentary shades which David Horne described as a 80s revival inspired by Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. A matte flesh tone called Blink for a base colour. Powder Eye shadow in Synth which is a iridescent shimmer finish. A pressed Pure Pigment in Fervent. Then you have a New Liquid Metal in Slick dark gunmetal black with shimmer which is just amazing and glides onto the skin with such strong pigmentation. Here I have layered the colours up starting with slick as a base!
Empower Palette, £34
As a make-up artist I need the best cream highlighters ever for that perfect dewy skin that I can bled easily into all skin types without looking to shimmery! And I think I have final found this with Gleam. Illamasqua withdrew Gleam Cream which I actually loved using mixing in with foundations to recreate it in this pressed cream compact, Gleam in Aurora is the perfect shimmering champagne shade. It’s lightweight, creamy and almost has a mousse feel to it. I am already wearing this the day after I got it. Now I can’t wait to use it on different models on future photo-shoots.
You can now view Generation Q on their website and add to your wish list. Or if you Like, Tweet, Pin Illamasqua’s NEW collection so you can decide the Generation Q early release! Click here… http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/collections/generation-q/
The three with the most votes will then be made available to buy on 28th August 2012, nine days before the official global launch date…